Filmed with a DJI Phantom 3 Professional + ND4 filter. Recording/ post production/ upload: 4K Ultra HD.
Copacabana-Macmasters Beach (NSW 288) occupies a 1.4 km wide southeast-facing embayment bordered by the prominent sandstone 110 m high Tudibaring Head in the north and 90 m high Second Point to the south (Fig. 4.174 & xx4.175 the latter named by Captain Cook in 1770. The northern Copacabana Beach (NSW 288a) beach is backed by a board valley in the north occupied by 30 ha Cockrone Lake, then the houses of Copacabana spread up the backing and northern slopes. A small rocky spur separates it from the southern Macmasters Beach (NSW 288b) which is backed by a smaller developed valley. Both areas are occupied by residential and holiday homes, with little in the way of tourist facilities. Macmasters Beach is the older settlement. Macmasters SLSC formed in 1946, while Copacabana SLSC was formed in 1963 during the subdivision and opening up of the northern half. Beach access is good on both sides of the Lake though parking is more restricted at Macmasters. The beach faces the east-southeast and receives waves that average 1.5 m at Copacabana, decreasing to about 1 m at Macmasters. These maintain a single bar, which is usually attached along the beach, but cut by 6-8 rips, which decrease in size and intensity to the south, often infilling at Macmasters forming a continuous, attached bar. A strong permanent rip runs out along the northern head, and during high seas a similar rip is formed against the southern head, particularly during summer northeast waves. Small rock pools have been constructed amongst the rocks at each end.