Host & Producer Marielou Mandl (@MarielouMandl) interviews co-founders (Exec Director and Artistic Director) of NewFilmmakers LA, Larry Laboe!
ABOUT NEWFILMMAKERS LA:
With the goal of showcasing, supporting and connecting emerging filmmakers, NFMLA rapidly expanded to become much more than a monthly film festival. NFMLA regularly partners with organizations, companies, and film schools like SAG-AFTRA, the Producer’s Guild, Film Independent, Women in Film, Disney, Sony, DreamWorks, UCLA, MovieMaker Magazine, Variety, Film L.A., the City of Los Angeles, foreign consulates, and more to host an array of annual programs, workshops, panels, competitions, and learning and networking opportunities.
NFMLA’s programs include:
* NFMLA Monthly Film Festival — Our core program, the monthly film festival presents red carpet screenings of documentary, short and feature films that have been submitted from all over the world, followed by a Q&A with each films director. The program also offers a special after party so the audience can meet the filmmakers and incredible talent involved, and so that filmmakers can network and connect with each other.
* On Location: The Los Angeles Video Project — This is NFMLA’s annual competition for new short films featuring Los Angeles. Prizes are awarded to the top films. Submissions open in spring and close at the end of summer. A special screening event and awards program is held in the fall of each year.
* Best of NFMLA Awards — Each year, NFMLA presents awards for the best films shown in the previous year’s film monthly festivals at an exclusive gala event.
* On Camera Interviews — All filmmakers featured in NFMLA film festivals are invited to participate in on camera interviews with MovieMaker Magazine.
* Special Events, Programs, and Workshops — Year round, NFMLA partners with universities, studios, guilds, the City of Los Angeles, and others to host a wide variety of special events and learning opportunities.
Make sure to subscribe to Popcorn Talk! –
Follow us on Twitter –
ABOUT POPCORN TALK:
Popcorn Talk Network is the online broadcast network with programming dedicated exclusively to movie discussion, news, interviews and commentary. Popcorn Talk Network is comprised of the leading members and personalities of the film press and community including E!’s Maria Menounos, Scott “Movie” Mantz, The Wrap’s Jeff Sneider, Screen Junkies and the Schmoes Know, Kristian Harloff and Mark Ellis who are the 1st and only YouTube reviewers to be certified by Rotten Tomatoes and accredited by the MPAA.
Current Roster or Shows:
-Schmoes Know Movies
-Disney Movie News
-Anatomy of a Movie
-Profiles with Malone and Mantz
-Box Office Breakdown
-Meet the Movie Press
-Guilty Movie Pleasures
-Marvel Movie News
-DC Movie News
-Otaku Movie Anatomy
-Action Movie Anatomy