LED Lighting Technology for Film & Video Cinematography by Digital Cinema Training

LED Lighting Technology for Film & Video Cinematography by Digital Cinema Training

This is a video introducing the very latest information on LED Lighting Technology for Film & Video Cinematography by Digital Cinema Training. Presented by Jeff Treanor from Rosco Labs.

It lists advantages to using LED instruments for lighting your set, whether your rent, buy, or adapt. LED lamps draw much less power for the equivalent output of a daylight-corrected, diffused tungsten lamp. Depending on manufacturer, they may draw as much as 8 times less power.

A 5W LED Lamp can have as much output as a 40W bulb. Also, you’d need an 80W bulb if you were going to correct it to Daylight with a 1-Stop CTB (Color Temp Blue) gel.

Approximately 90% of the power consumed by an incandescent light bulb is emitted as heat, rather than as visible light. Depending on manufacturer, LED lamps will consume only 10% of their power as heat, and emit the other 90% as visible light.

Produced by Digital Cinema Training to help keep our students informed on the latest gear, techniques, and tips on staying ahead in the Film and Video Industry. This video is included in the course’s GEAR GUIDE Volume.

We never get paid by manufacturers to make these videos. We simply have a great relationship with them, and teach our students how to use their products from a purely educational point of view. If they seem to be marketing their products, it’s just because they believe deeply in their companies. They’re just in love with their gear! 🙂

We hope that our videos help you feel more confident when you walk on any set, knowing that you can communicate using the jargon and technical terms that other professionals utilize.

Sincerely,
Digital Cinema Training

Recommended


Film Awards Season

Cinematography Techniques

Iphone Film Making Basics

Cinematic Film Making Techniques